FIRE TRAINING & SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
The Fire and Emergency Services’ Fire Training and Skills Development section through this statement aspire to develop the intellectual and functional competencies of all staff members of this organization. It is the vision of this section to enable and empower individuals through training and education acquire skills and knowledge that are in demand.
To provide dynamic, quality, cost-effective training and education, which will ensure all personnel achieve and maintain role related competence. To institute comprehensive provisioning of appropriate and adequate fire related training and education that will meet the current and future needs of personnel and members of the industry and contribute positively to the realization of the vision.
The following values and principles underpin the above vision and mission:
- Equality of access by all staff members and members of the public and industry.
- Enhancement of the functional and intellectual capacity.
- Life long learning.
- Embrace efficiency, effectiveness and professional service.
- The promotion of opportunities for skills acquisition in development initiatives.
- Effective career paths.
- Learning is a shared responsibility between individuals, managers and the Fire Training section.
- Learning is competency based where appropriate, timely, flexible and cost effective in its development, delivery and assessment.
- The incorporation of the best instructional and training methods by utilizing current fire service data and modern technology.