Make this your Home Page
DIRECTORATE: CORPORATE SERVICES
Mr Lulama Mayedwa (ACTING)
Executive Director: Corporate Services
Office tel: 041 - 506 3210
Ms Michelle York
Tel: +27 (0) 41 5063205
Fax: +27 (0) 41 5063309
To render a comprehensive, integrated and to enhance services delivery
Promote an effective personnel planning and administration function.
Implement an employee high performance management culture and system.
Promotion of sound employee relations and labour stability.
Promote and implement effective recruitment and retention measures.
Contribute to the realization of externally focused IDP, Special Projects, 2010 and other critical objectives.
SUB DIRECTORATE OF CORPORATE SERVICES
STRATEGIC CO-ORDINATION AND PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
- Implementation of the SAP (HCM) System
- Managing and controlling strategic corporate projects within Directorates
- Providing input and co-cordinating the Directorate’s business;
- planning process;
- monitoring and evaluation;
- controlling budget utilization;
- performance, compliance and
- realizing value added against stated objectives.
- Undertaking investigates and research studies at a strategic level
- Analyzing and evaluating system and process audits for identifying non-conforming areas/functions within the Directorate.
MUNICIPAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- Planning, design, procurement, implementation, management and maintenance of municipal information and communication technology (ICT) network infrastructure;
- Configuration, procurement, implementation, management and maintenance of municipal application servers, file servers and print servers;
- Procument of ICT equipment and software (according to standards in force from time to time) on behalf of all Directorates;
Installation, commissioning and repair of ICT infrastructure equipment;
- Planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of corporate application system(and certain departmental system);
- Planning, design, development, and maintenance of interfaces between in-house develop system and package solutions;
- Planning, design, development, management and maintenance of daily, weekly and monthly back-end processing procedures including "housekeeping" and system backups for all servers;
- Bulk data capture for certain application system; and
- Maintaining and monitoring access rights to municipal ICT facilities and enforcing adherence to the Information Security Management Policy (ISMP).
Provides hard and soft Services in an efficient and cost effective manner
- FACILITIES SERVICES
Management of Community halls, depots, office Buildings and Event Management
- BUILDING DIVISION
Management of planned/unplanned maintenance including legal compliance
Design and management of Capital Projects
Management of in/out leasing
Development and procurement of Services to enhance Services delivery and equity
COUNCILLOR SUPPORT AND PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
- Motivational - Encouragement via training, mentoring and endeavouring to improve their standing in the community.
- Monitor service delivery.
Represents the interests of the ward.
CORPORATE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SERVICES
- Corporate Records Management (Electronic Content Management)
- Telecommunications (Fixed and Mobile)
- Travel and Catering Management
- Corporate Switchboard
- E-Government Services
- Executive Secretarial Support to members of the Portfolio Committee.
2. SECRETARIAT SERVICES:
- Secretarial Services to the Council and Portfolio Committees
- Support to Council.
3. PRINTING SERVICES:
- Managing and administering all Council Printing Works
- Controlling variable data, colour ,duplicating and litho high volume printing
- Oversee to processing of traffic fines, dis-connections, summonses etc
- Posting of traffic fines and summonses
- Managing courier services for delivery of Council agenda’s and other Councilor’s documents.
- To ensure assets in the Movable Asset Register owned by various Directorates of the NMBM are managed, maintained and safeguarded in a proper manner.
- To analyse asset enquiry system to ensure that all assets purchased by the Directorates are Bar Coded and updated in BAUD system.
- To perform monthly reconciliation of assets purchased and assets recorded in Bar Coded Asset Management System.
- To ensure that Directorates perform an annual stock take of assets.
- To maintain Asset store room and advice Directorates of used furniture that is still in good conditions.
- To update the Asset Register with new assets purchased and assets disposed off.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Attending to the Human Resources requirements of all of the municipal Directorates.
- Establishing and maintaining a working environment that encourages personal growth, development, enrichment and job satisfaction.
- Ensure that the Human Resources Policies and Procedures are administered in such a way as to protect the interests of both the municipality and its employees.
- Encourage individuals to reach their maximum potential;
- Negotiate and establish fair remuneration policies;
- Maintain an ongoing non-discriminatory process of communication and consultation with employees on matters of mutual concern, aimed at an open and mutual understanding and trust.
- Labour Relations
HUMAN RESOURCES TRANSFORMATION SERVICES
The HR Transformation Services is a division within Human Resource Management under the Directorate: Corporate Services.
HR Transformation Services adopted an integrated approach to education, training and development, and set out to meet the economic and social needs of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, its employees, and the communities it serves, accelerating Human Resources Transformation through Employment Equity and Skills Development
To render a comprehensive, integrated and customer focused Corporate Service by:
- Developing the knowledge, competencies and skills of employees and the community
- Creating and implementing equal opportunities, affirmative action, diversity management and the reversal of unfair discrimination
- To ensure the quality of education, training and development
- To encourage employees to utilise the workplace for effective skills acquisition
- To provide opportunities for new entrants to the labour market to gain work experience
- To increase levels of investment in education, training and development within the NMBM and to ensure a return on investment
- To develop innovative training programmes
- To create an organisational culture of life-long learning
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Encouraging employees and members from our community to engage in education, training and development
- Advising people to continuously study in order to develop their skills levels and academic achievements to:
- improve their quality of life
- further career prospects
- enable labour mobility
- enhance productivity
- Assisting people from our communities in gaining practical workplace experience in support of the Integrated Development Plan
- In view of the economic imperative to embrace change, ensuring that employment practices redress past imbalances in respect of race, gender, creed and disability, and ensuring that relevant policies and legislation promote equitable representation
- The comprehensive Human Resources Development Strategy encompasses a wide range of human development and transformation interventions, including:
- Workplace experience programmes
- Skills programmes
- External bursaries
- Earnership programmes
- Apprenticeship programmes
- programmes that monitor and promote gender equality, employment of disabled persons and transformation.
CORPORATE HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES
- Managing the Remuneration Framework and Job Evaluation System applicable to the Municipality.
- Implementing the Performance Management System, with the emphasis on personnel performance coaching and development.
- Continuously assessing and improving the arrangement and location of functions and positions through the provision of a professional consultancy and advisory service to all directorates on organizational management interventions.
- Undertaking research to validate value adding alternative approaches.
To maintain a workforce that is both well disciplined and satisfied in order that service delivery may be provided at an acceptable level.
- To give advice to individuals and management regarding discipline grievance.
- Co-ordinate disciplinary hearings
- To ensure that grievance are attended to with the stipulated time frames.
- Represent the Municipality at the SALGBC and CCMA in matters involving both Conciliation and Arbitration.
- Attend to all disputes and ensure that the recognized Trade Unions and the Municipality comply with the Labour Relations Act and all other relevant legislation.