1. Eskom, not the Municipality, announces loadshedding, depending on supply vs demand at any given time.
2. The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is unable to predict with any certainty as to whether there will be loadshedding for the weeks-ending 14 December and 21 December 2014.
3. However, given the situation over the last two weeks, it would be reasonable to expect that there could very well be loadshedding over the next two weeks.
4. The NMBM has proactively worked out a schedule, should Eskom announce loadshedding.
5. The schedule makes provision for either Stage 1 or 2 or 3 or 4.
6. Each Group is equitably distributed so as to make the loadshedding schedule as fair as possible across days and time periods.
7. There are times (as on last Friday) when Eskom will announce a change in Stage during the day. For example on Friday, Eskom announced Stage 2 at 08h00, then Stage 3 at 11h00. In such cases it may, of course, result in an unequitable spread over that day. For this we apologise, but we have no control over such instances.
8. It is NOT in the interests of the Municipality to make and/or keep our customers/residents unhappy. We are doing our best under extremely difficult circumstances.
9. We have sincere empathy for all households. We understand about refrigerators, babies’ bottles and small businesses. Indeed, we are all equally affected and frustrated by the current situation.
10. We endeavour to constantly keep our residents informed of the loadshedding situation through various media platforms. In this regard, we are grateful to the various newspapers and radio and TV stations for readily availing their platforms to keep our residents informed.
Please click here OR
on the image above for the schedule per Stage for the weeks-ending 14 December and 21 December 2014, together with a break down of each Group.