A breakfast briefing was held at the Radisson Blu in April to engage with the business sector as part of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s strategy to form strategic partnerships in pursuance of the institutions developmental goals.
The issues dealt with include:
1. Looking at major announcements on government’s infrastructure development programme and how local businesses can leverage on these opportunities
2. The state of the Municipality. Mayor Wayile gave insight into the Municipality’s successes, challenges as well as plans currently in place to stabilize the administration, including the presence of a Sections 154 support team deployed in the city to provide capacity.
3. The intention to resuscitate the Investment Council.
4. Plans to hold follow-up sessions wherein Directorates within the Municipality will interact with business to detail their strategic plans, amounts to e invested, location, etc.
5. Working closely together to propel this city on a new growth trajectory.
Seen here with Mayor Wayile are from left: Andrew Murray, Baphelele Mhlaba, Councillor Jikeka, Bulumnko Nelana and Emmanuel Mulenga. Picture: Luncedo Njezula