PO BOX 116
NELSON MANDELA BAY MUNICIPALITY
Alternatively contact the Corporate Services Directorate, tel. (041) 506-3259
NO faxed applications will be accepted.
In terms of its Employment Equity Plan, the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is committed to employment practices that redress past imbalances in respect of race, gender, creed and disability, and as such the relevant policy will be considered during selection and placement.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned position. Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
BUDGET AND TREASURY DIRECTORATE
(BUDGET AND FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING)
POSITION CODE: 190098
TASK Grade 15 (R548 364 - R762 420 per annum)
salary only, excluding benefits)
Please note that the closing date for applications for this position has been extended to Friday, 7 February 2020 before 14h00.
Qualifications and experience required:
· B.Com. Degree or equivalent qualification, with third-year level in Accounting.
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
· Extensive knowledge of Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA), Local Government: Municipal Systems Act and other related legislation, municipal policies, National Treasury instructions/regulations/ circulars including Municipal Standard Chart of Accounts / mSCOA Regulations, and or Circulars relating to the area of responsibility.
· Knowledge of Municipal Accounting Practices and Systems (General Ledger, Costing Expenditure and Financial Management Tool.
· Supervisory experience.
· Valid Code EB Driver's Licence, will be a recommendation.
· The completion of some Unit Standards in compliance with Government Gazette 29967, read in conjunction with National Treasury Circular 60, will be a recommendation.
· Interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Key attributes and competencies:
· Good oral and written communication skills in English and at least one other official local language.
· Managerial and supervisory skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet critical/ conflicting deadlines.
Ability to analyse and interpret financial information.
· Managing the preparation of the Operating Budget for specific municipal directorate(s) within the financial affordability limits of the Municipality, as well as managing and monitoring the Operating Budget against the Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plan (SDBIP).
· Performing detailed analyses of the Operating Budget, compiling and reviewing Operating Budget performance reports, highlighting variances, expenditure and income trends, operational efficiencies and possible remedial actions.
· Financial control and management of the Directorate's Operating Budget.
· Providing financial management advice to the Municipality's directorates, assessing the financial viability of funding proposals and submission thereof.
· Assisting with the preparation of the Annual and Consolidated Financial Statements.
· Monitoring and ensuring that directorates comply with the MFMA, Councils financial management policies, Council Resolutions, Regulations, National Treasury instructions/ circulars and other financial related policies, including Council's Operational Efficiency Work Plan.
· Reviewing municipal tariffs, fees and charges.
· Tabling financial reports to various stakeholders.
· Attending public participation meetings.
· Supervising, controlling and directing the work attendance, conduct and performance of Senior Accountants and Accountants and addressing workplace conflict/ unsatisfactory attendance or performance.